February 11, 2013
A powerful winter storm on the weekend has prevented picketing today, however, AUT members will be back on the picket lines tomorrow to begin the third week of our strike for a just and equitable contract.
Just a reminder, Bargaining Bulletin #11 is now available on the StFXAUT website. You can access it and an article explaining why Final Offer Arbitration is a bad idea for the AUT by going to the following link: https://www.stfxaut.ca/?p=1718
To summarize, what we want is:
- – nothing less than a 2% cost of living increase over four years
- – a say in how our Group Benefits are spent
- – a shift in Professional Development benefits so as to increase the amount for all full-time members to $600/year
- – the opportunity to democratically decide the terms of our salary and working conditions
- – administrators to not redirect our withheld salaries to pay for compelling us to strike.
What we agreed to:
- – no increase in pension plan contributions from the employer
- – the administration’s retirement allowance language
- – the existing value and processes for travel grants
You can follow ongoing developments in the strike on the StFXAUT website www.stfxaut.ca and via Facebook and Twitter:
https://www.facebook.com/StFXAUT and https://twitter.com/StFXAUT